When in Merano...
Things to do in the city
Medieval shopping center
The Arcades of Merano
Enjoy a pleasant walk through the medieval arcades of Merano/Meran. Where merchants and traders did business as early as the 15th century, today modern shops are lined up next to each other. You can admire the beautifully decorated shop windows or shop for new clothes. Fun under the historic arches.
- WALKING UNDER THE ARCADES OF MERANO
- THE SHOPPING CENTER OF MERANO
- BROWSE BETWEEN ORIGINAL AND MODERN SHOPS
150 years old
The Tappeiner Promenade
Come rain, snow, rain or a beautiful day, the Tappeiner Promenade never loses its charm. In the middle of the city, walk above the roofs of Merano/Meran. Centrally located, but still in a relaxing atmosphere. Built for the Empress Sissi, this health trail is still a popular walk today. From the Pulverturm Tower to Quarazze/Gratsch and back, along a total of 6 kilometers. In the green spaces and surrounding views of Merano, forget all about everyday life.
- A BEAUTIFUL WALK IN THE CITY CENTER
- ADMIRING MERANO AMONG THE PALMS
- IN A SUNNY LOCATION WITH DELICIOUS POSSIBILITIES
Floating over the Spa town
By chairlift to Tirolo
Not everything has to be modern. The chairlift from Merano/Meran to Tirolo/Dorf Tirol has been in operation for some time now. Since the 1980s, hikers have been flying over the vineyards and the Tappeiner Promenade, which is what makes the chairlift so fascinating. If you prefer to walk, you can stroll from Merano to Tirolo and back down to Merano. If you want to make do with less effort, you can also make the trip the other way around.
- THE BEST ALTERNATIVE TO BUSES AND CARS
- VIEWS OF MERANO AND TYROL CASTLE
- RELAX WHILE FLOATING FROM MERANO TO TIROLO
The most pleasant place in Merano?
The Merano Thermal Baths
Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, but still in the city center: at the Merano Thermal Baths you will surely find a place to relax. With numerous indoor pools, warm pools and outdoor pools, saunas and a large park (in summer), the Merano Thermal Baths have become a popular destination for relaxation. For a full day or just for a few hours, do not miss the option for a little rest.
- HOURLY OR DAILY TICKETS
- EVERYTHING TO RELAX: SAUNA, SWIMMING POOLS, TREATMENTS ...
- LARGE CAR PARK AND AREA WITH SUNBEDS
A little beach feeling in town
Terraces on the Passer River
Soak your feet in cold water and enjoy an ice cream cone – a great way to spend a summer afternoon. If your feet ache after a walk in the city, stop here for a break. The terraces along the Passer River are ideal places to rest, especially with younger family members. While lying on the grass, your children can play on the river. Everyone feels so comfortable here that adults also enjoy playing like children.
- IN THE CENTER, ENJOY THE HOLIDAY ATMOSPHERE
- DIRECTLY ON THE BANK OF THE PASSER RIVER
- PLEASANT REST STOP FOR CHILDREN
80 botanical environments with views of the mountains and Merano
The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle
In the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, walk among a sea of flowers. In spring, the gardens are a triumph of shape and color: from the trees of the native magnolia to the green labyrinth and exotic plants. In this masterpiece of botanical gardening, visitors forget the passing of time. This unique location attracts not only plant lovers: on warm summer evenings, you can attend performances by international musicians. Because in such a place you can't miss the stars (of music).
- OVER 80 BOTANICAL ENVIRONMENTS WITH PLANTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
- A MIX OF EXPERIENTIAL GARDENS AND BOTANICAL INSTALLATIONS
- THE MOST POPULAR LOCATION FOR SUMMER CONCERTS